What is Semi-Permanent Make-up:
Semi-permanent make-up, also known as micro-pigmentation, is a form of temporary cosmetic tattooing which allows you to have long-lasting eyeliner and lip color as well as being able to shape and contour your eyebrows. The procedure involves tiny particles of pigment being placed beneath the surface of the skin, much like a tattoo. This pigment will stay in the skin for a number of years, gradually breaking down and fading with time, although the longevity of the results will depend on your age and skin type.
Micro-pigmentation techniques have been refined in recent years and a wider selection of pigment colors have been developed so that technicians can create ultra-natural looks. Only a trained semi-permanent make-up artist can perform this treatment. Many technicians are also beauty therapists or nurses but as this is a specialist skill it requires separate training. In addition to being commonly used for cosmetic enhancement to enhance the eyebrows, eyelids, lips and cheeks, semi-permanent make-up may also be used to create an areola (brown area around the nipple) after mastectomy or to disguise scars.
What is Microblading: Microblading is a method of semi-permanent eyebrow drawing. It is done using a very fine blade to deposit pigments into the outer layer of the skin which is called epidermis. Because the color is closer to the surface, the strokes appear crisp and very fine, but do not blur after healing. Depending on the drawing technique it creates an individual look for each eyebrow. It’s also called HD & 3D eyebrows because it does not appear as a tattoo.
What are the benefits of semi-permanent make-up?
Not everyone wakes up with naturally perfect eyebrows or beautifully defined eyes. But now it’s possible for you to look this way every day. With semi-permanent makeup you can look and feel more beautiful 24 hours a day, 7 days a week wherever you are. Even when you’re swimming or at the gym!
Whether you want fuller looking or more defined eyebrows, long lasting eyeliner, a beauty spot or to cover scars – our experienced and highly trained beauty therapists will carefully and fastidiously apply semi-permanent makeup and have you looking and feeling your very best.
Why semi-permanent makeup?
· It will help you to look younger, replacing color loss so plentiful in your youth.
· It will create the illusion of beautiful lashes. It can make your lashes look thicker, longer and fuller and make your eyes look larger or smaller.
· It will create more defined eyebrows and give you the eyebrow shape you desire by filling in thinning eyebrows that have been over-plucked or become thinner with age.
· It can make you look more beautiful and help to balance your facial features.
· It will give you more time in the mornings.
· It will help you to look your best, even when you’re swimming or at the gym, spa or sauna. In fact, wherever you are!
· Colors can be as natural or cosmetic as you like, depending on the shape and color you choose.
· If you are planning either an eyeliner, eyelash enhancement or eye-shadow procedure and are a contact lens user, please wear or bring your lenses/eye glasses to all appointments.
· Do not wear contact lenses during any procedure involving your eye(s).
· It is recommended to have a driver available or “on-call” to drive you home following a procedure involving your eye(s).
· Do not schedule an appointment prior to major events, such as a vacation, wedding, social outing, etc. as you will have to wear an aftercare ointment on your procedure site(s) for one week following the procedure(s).
· If you are planning a lip color procedure and have ever experienced a cold sore, even one time in your life, it is recommended you obtain a prescribed anti-viral medication (Valtrex). The medication must be taken two days prior to the procedure. Even if you have never experienced a cold sore during your lifetime, it is recommended that you obtain an anti-viral medication (Valtrex) to be on the safe side.
· If you are required to take antibiotic medication prior to seeing your dentist, you will need to take antibiotic medication prior to having your procedure done.
· It is necessary to be off of Acutance for one year, prior to all procedures. It is necessary to be off Retin A or Renova for 30 days, prior to a procedure.
· Try to avoid aspirin products for 7 days prior to all procedures unless medically necessary. Tylenol is okay.
· Try to avoid Vitamin E and Niacin for two weeks prior to all procedures unless medically necessary.
· Avoid alcohol & coffee from night and day before all procedures.
ALL SEMI-PERMANENT COSMETIC PROCEDURES ARE MULTI-SESSION PROCESSES. An initial application is incomplete until after a follow-up appointment, which must be scheduled approximately 6-8 weeks after your initial appointment. There is no additional charge for the follow-up appointment after your initial application as long as it is performed within three months of the initial application.
WHILE YOUR SKIN HEALS, BE PREPARED FOR THE COLOR INTENSITY OF YOUR PROCEDURE TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY LARGER, SHARPER, BRIGHTER, OR DARKER than what is expected for the final outcome. This is a normal and expected result of the application and healing process. The healing process will take a number of days to complete, depending on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates and new skin regrows to take its place.
Is there any after-procedure care? Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following: • Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning. • Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck. • Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment. • Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris. • Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds. • Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles. • Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab. • Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post the procedure, however, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear. • Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. What happens during the touch up? The touch up is recommended 6-8 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, the artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color. What’s the healing process like? Your new area will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right! Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin). Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. Your area will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
A more detail print of After Care will be provided at the time of the procedure.
To proceed with booking your initial appointment you are required to pay a $100.00 deposit that will hold your appointment. Your deposit will go towards your final bill for your service. *****CANCELLATION POLICY***** YOU MUST CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE YOUR INTIAL APPOINTMENT AT LEAST 1 WEEK BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT DAY. IF YOU NO SHOW OR NO CALLS YOUR APPOINTMENT YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR $100.00 DEPOSIT.